Friday, February 25, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner: Bacon Pancakes

Laziness. Plain and simple. Thats what has been wrong with me. Where have I been? I have definitely been cooking. Every day- in fact, more than usual because I'm trying to eat healthier so that equals not eating out. I have just been too lazy to pull out my camera, and then when I finally do, uh oh, the battery is dying so I only get one or two good pictures. Whatever. You don't want my excuses. You want food.

Gluttons.

  Heres that laziness coming out again. I'm just gonna link this post to Monica over at lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com (great blog btw). I came across this recipe a while back and I finally made it the other night when my kids and I weren't feeling good (cough, fever, yucky but still hungry), I hadn't been to the grocery store in decades (felt like), and I just wanted something no fuss and fancy at the same time. This is where the bacon comes in!

  I only had 3 slices of bacon left in my fridge and no desire to venture out to the store, so we made a new rule in our house: Only parents get to eat bacon. Seems fair. We bring it (the bacon) home after all! So I made my family regular pancakes but again, I wanted mine to be a little fancy shmancy. Since one of my great loves is dipping bacon in syrup (which totally grosses my husband out btw) I decided to crumble up my 1 1/2 strips of bacon, lay it in a skillet about the size I wanted my pancake, and poured the batter over the bacon. What resulted was truly beautiful. Okay it wasn't beautiful but who cares about looks when we're talking bacon and syrup?






Fancy is THAT easy.

I bet you wish you'd known that earlier so you could have impressed your future mother in law. Hahaha easier said than done, I know.


Sorry I couldn't wait to eat before I started taking pictures. Hey, I was starving! And I barely know some of you! Besides,  this way you can eat vicariously through me.




mmm.....so good!

(Notice only the top one has bacon, again I only had 1 1/2 slices and a 1/2 slice mysteriously disappeared....Do all your pancakes and it will be thrice delicious)



Bacon Pancakes

Do you need the recipe? Really? Just click on pancakes and then crumble bacon in them.





You're welcome. Now wipe all that syrup off your face.

No comments: