Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cheesy Fettuccine Alfredo

I decided to start with a recipe from the Pioneer Woman. If you have never heard of her, you should check out her website. She basically rocks. She is a photographer, master chef, gardener, homeschooling mom of 4 and lives on a farm with her cowboy hubby. She's my idol. I wanted to do one of hers because everything I ever make of hers comes out delicious.
This is a very dense and heavy meal. I would strongly suggest eating this on a cold day. Maybe the night before you run a marathon. Okay, this is all you need for this recipe: 1 lb fettuccine, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 stick salted butter, 2 cups shredded parmesan (freshly grated is best, but I'm lazy today) and salt and pepper to taste.

First thing you'll do is get your water boiling for noodles. This recipe is ready very quickly, so you'll want to start about 15 minutes before you're ready to eat.
Next you're going to get a pan or skillet and warm the butter and heavy cream together.









Grab a medium bowl (the serving bowl in my case) and pour in your 2 cups parmesan (side note:my family decided this was too much cheese! Next time we'll only do one cup and see if it's better)









salt and pepper cream mixture to taste. This butter/cream reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad would make "Milk Toast" I bet all of my Nelson cousins reading this know what I'm talking about. We used whole milk instead of heavy cream but still....that's another post.







When everything is ready (noodles too) Pour cream mixture into cheese and stir....yes. butter, cream and cheese. Together. You'll love and hate me after this.


After the fettuccine is cooked, you're going to drain it and IMMEDIATELY pour it into the cheese bowl and toss with the creamy thigh killer.




This is your creamy cheesy gooey dreamy result. Serve immediately with a BIG healthy salad to balance it out. Serves 6.





Prepare to be very loved. And to hit the gym.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks amazing! I really want to try this out tonight!!

Spring Jones said...

This will defintly be Savannah's new favorite meal. She loves Fettuccine, and I am pretty sure she won't mind all the cream, butter, and cheese.